Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Kicking off Another Challenge

I'm so glad to be home! It was nice to get outside of Austin for a few days, but it definitely wasn't a vacation! Chicago was WORK!  Nice to see a place I'd never seen before, though, and eat some REALLY amazing food.

Sugar overload.

Carb overload.

Alcohol overload.

I started my day way too early after too many late nights to really get in much of any sort of workout. I had the best of intentions, even brought my MAC that I didn't crack open once I was off the plane, to do my Advocare Can You 24 DVD.  I did manage to do a few rounds of squats, sit ups and push ups.  One time.

Shame on me.

Tired, unmotivated, missed my home, my dog, my routine.

I gained 1 lb. while in Chicago. I don't know how it wasn't 5 or 10.

I was in bed by 9:30 Friday night and like a kid on Christmas morning when it was time for Crossfit on Saturday. I was slow, and it was expected. I was there and I was excited to be back.

Monday I started my next 24 Day Challenge, as I knew I would months before I left.  It was the only way I could really let myself enjoy my food break with a little less guilt.  Today is day 2 and the lb I gained while I was gone has already gone away.  I also took my measurements this morning, and discovered I still had measurements from when I decided to get re-focused last year.  When I added it all up I was stunned and had a really good dose of "Proud".

Here's the diff:
Weight:  -27.8 lbs
Waist: -4.25 in.
Neck: -.75 in.
Bust: -4.5 in
Hips: -5.5 in.
Arm (rt): -1 in
Arm (lt): -1.25 in.
Thigh (rt): -2.5 in
Thigh (lt): -2.5 in
Calf (rt): -1.5 in.
Calf (lt): -2 in.

Total:  almost 28 lbs and 25.75 inches.

Not to brag, but that's the best progress and the most needed thing I could see today. I know I've made changes, but seeing them on paper somehow makes them a little more "true".

I'm hitting the gym today so I can give Open 14.2 a go. I want to have some metrics and reference points as I continue on the Crossfit train. Plus adding in the extra day this week to make up for the time I was away last week, and get in the mindset for what's coming up after April, see if it's a possibility for me, something I can maintain thru the summer, will be interesting. But it involves chest to bar pull ups. And the pull ups are one thing I'm gaining a bit of confidence in, so we'll see how that goes.

Yesterday was fantastic. At the gym anyway.

Today I'm hoping for a repeat.

No comments: