Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Clearing the Path..Gotta Make Way...

These updates have been somewhat lacking... mental motivation has been null lately.  Just not feeling inspired, inspiring, motivated to do much of anything but try to get re-adjusted and have some seriously needed downtime.

In the past 2.5 weeks I have
1. Gone to Chicago - it was cold, I was on my feet a lot, I ate my weight in carbs, drank that much, too, and enjoyed what I could about it. But in the end, it was work.

2. Sat on the couch.

3. Did 5x week crossfit (14.2 & 14. 3 in 1 week... wanted to make up the missed Games WOD, but I'm not competing at all, just wanted to do it for myself)

4.Tried to ignore the calls that never came, the multiple people I've been disappointed by. Lame.

5. Time change. Love the sunshine but my sleep schedule is crap. Staying up later, waking up earlier... Vicious.

6. Did a cleanse. Today is day 10. Tomorrow starts the metabolic restore, and "burn phase".  This will be my poorest performing 24 day challenge since I started Advocare.  My head just hasn't been in the game.  No prep, no desire to cook, or go to the grocery store, but I made do with what I had.

7. Watched a LOT of Netflix. Finished House of Cards, Orange is the New Black & started watching Scandal. Kerry Washington's lips perplex me. I don't know where to focus when she's on screen. Very distracting, but I'm trying.

8. Made a banner for a friend that she should have had before I left for Chicago & I just got overwhelmed with my to-do list to get it done. But Friday night I knocked it out.  It's really cute!

9. Got Nine Inch Nails / Soundgarden Tix for August.

10. Yesterday I signed up to do Crossfit 4x/week (5, including Saturday) for the next 6 months. In the summer.  I really do have the best team of coaches and members supporting and helping me do this.  This is the highlight of my year, being a part of this community. Life changing.

11. Got approved for 2 credit cards.  Sucks when you can't get them b/c you pay everything in cash and have no debt, but you have to have them before they will let you buy a house.   Dumbest system I've ever played in to, other than one I'm not talking about. (Vague much? Touche'!)  But I want to buy a house, dammit! I'm tired of my apartment that I outgrew 5 years ago. And a want another dog, too!

12. Avoided the SXSW mess of people. I used to be more adventurous. Now I'm just old.

I'm sure there's more I can add to the list, but honestly, I'm just tired.  I'm looking forward to upping my gym time. I'm looking forward to the KOKE FM music series being back out at the Nutty Brown in a couple weeks. I feel like I'm coming out of a fog, so I'm looking forward to getting to the other side of it all.  I know getting my apartment in order, de-cluttering a bit, okay a LOT, and organizing my craft stuff, well that will be a big part of it.

Gotta clear the path. Gotta make way.

I'm itching to change more, do more, and get outside more, less time at home.

We'll see how that goes.

The wind might blow tomorrow. (i.e. probably).


No comments: