Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Paleo Baseline Take 2.

What. The. Hell.

I actually added a minute and 4 seconds to my time.  Mentally, physically, ability, weight wise, food wise, everything, I was prepared to beat my previous time.  Heck, after I finished it in January, I was mortified b/c my time was so terrible. But I knew I was unprepared. I could understand it, I could explain it.

Yesterday's effort, I'm at a loss.

I didn't want the hi-fives. I didn't feel like I earned it. I did everything the same, minus upping the push-ups off my knees, but still no burpees, no running, 10 lb wall ball, banded pull ups... my row splits were right on.. I expected to have a good 8 min of rowing total. That was spot on.

Nothing to explain that extra minute+.

I didn't practice the movements enough. I didn't put in the work.  I just expected things to be better.

So I'll take the responsibility, stop looking for an explanation, accept where it lies, and push myself to do this again, in another 30 days and see if I can make that time eat itself.


We also have the Crossfit Games coming up at the end of February.  I'm not signing up, b/c I don't need the t-shirt, I won't be competitive, but I know we'll have the WODs planned throughout the event, so I'll do the work.  I enjoyed doing them last year, even made up the ones I was out of town for, just to say that I did. They're always tough, but definitely a good measure of skill, agility, and ability.

I just need endurance to swing a little bit in my direction. I just don't really know how to make that happen.

The other thing I've got going on, in relation to my fitness (or lack thereof) is my 24 Day Challenge.  Today is day 10, so I'm wrapping up my cleanse phase and tomorrow I'll take my measurements & weight, and start the Max Phase.  As of yesterday, I was down 5 lbs and I know I've cut a few inches.  Both needed to be done. I'm hopeful I'll drop even more lbs in the next 14 days, and get a few more inches trimmed up. I like the changes I'm already seeing and it feels good to have my food under control again.

Ultimately I'm in control of everything here.  My food, my fitness, my health. I'm in charge, so if it fails and I don't get the results I want, this is all on me.

If it's not working, change it, tweak it until it does.  I KNOW I'll find the right mix of everything. I KNOW I have the right tools.  I just need to get it all in check and stay focused.

No comments: