Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pinche' Jump Rope!

So yesterday's WOD was all about Jumping.

100 Double Unders (which I can't do... b/c I'm not fast enough... ) which translates to 200 singles, (which I can't do... well).   I ended up having to sub 50 jumping jacks w/ 100 singles each round b/c I was taking sooooo long to get them done.  Seriously, how do you trip on a jump rope every time you swing it around?  I don't know how that works, but I did it.

I about lost my shit. Seriously angry and frustrated over a stupid jump rope. I jumped rope as a kid, but I always sucked at double dutch, but I did okay with regular jumping... Never did think about it being something to come back and literally kick my ass as a grown up.

Ridiculous.

I had a full class of people watching me struggle to finish, throwing my fit, telling people not to clap for me, not to cheer me on, to just ignore me.  I was embarrassed, I was mad, I was pissed, and I wanted to cry. I wanted to go away, to just erase the whole effort.  I didn't want my time on the board.

I wanted my dead damn legs to work.

I went home, took a shower, washed the disappointment off, and let my hair down.  Enjoyed our Christmas party at the box, and drank some champagne with my friends.

Ended the night on a good note.

Now if I can just shake the disappointment and get ready to hit the WOD hard tomorrow...

No comments: