Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Paused for the Plague!

I have been down for the count for 4 days. FOUR DAYS!

Fever.
Cough.
Sneezing.
Body Aches.

The ridiculous FLU!

Again, I'm being dramatic... But I can't convey how much I have hated every second of this. I haven't slept, but for the nights, which is fine b/c it's kept my sleep schedule on track.  But the day time has been truly uncomfortable.  Over 80 hours of continuous fever was the worst.

And my poor nose...

All the illness aside, the most frustrating thing in all of this is the interruption to my momentum I've had at the gym. Even through all of the holiday hullaballoo, I kept to my workout schedule.  If I am lucky, I will only miss one week before I can get back to it.  I might try to go Friday, see how I feel by then, but I know my lung capacity has been affected, so I need to start rehabbing that and get back on track.

I think it's the fear of stepping backwards in my progress, losing my marks of where I was.  I see the WOD listed each day and I get jazzed about it, then I'm reminded, oh yeah, even changing the sheets and doing laundry left me having to catch my breath.

I don't want to be seen as weak. I don't want to have another excuse to overcome. I just want to get back in the gym and get back to where I was. At this point, I don't even know where I am, physically.

All I know is that today was my first day in the last 4, to wake up without a fever.

And I'm exhausted.

No comments: