Thursday, March 5, 2015

Hashtag Ice Day. Just Kidding

Last night they cancelled all the schools in the area for today. I was hesitant to believe the weatherman's hype, but hopeful all the same, that I'd be able to "Work from home" and really get some things done....

You know all the things I have on my list to do and still haven't done this week?  Yeah, those.

Laundry
Kitchen
Craft Area
Change Sheets
Throw Shit Out..

And today I'm at work b/c the ice didn't stick around and I couldn't log on to my network from home b/c it was being really dumb.

But this weekend, tho'.... Watchout!

I have been diligent with my workouts, though. Mindful of my aches and pains, but pushing myself to do more and strive for the next level.

I felt good on the rower yesterday.  5 rounds of 300m, 20 pushups (knees) and 10 Deadlifts @125#s, all felt pretty solid. I did modify the pushups so that I wouldn't strain my back on coming back up and putting all the pressure on my left foot.  Good news, the right foot really doesn't feel too bad. I am barely recognizing the little tinge of pain that comes and goes. The back pain is less, and it's more muscle ache than it is seized up or spasming.

I'm feeling a bit stronger.  I've been hesitant to say it, but after seeing my measurements and seeing the lean mass number go up, I think it's a good time to start believing it.

Here's the frustrating part.  When I started tracking this stuff using "Beyond the White Board" App, I was 177 lbs. I was stoked for that number... it was about 9 lbs over my lowest recorded weight (I got down to 168 in Jan. 2014 after the flu), but I could deal with it. I was working out. I had gained some muscle.  I wasn't sure how much or what my stats were, but it was a starting place.  I thought for SURE that my weight would start to go down, my body fat would decrease, I would finally be able to say that I didn't fit in the "obese" category anymore, and my lean mass would eat up all the excess fat, my weight would go down, etc... Because in MY head, that's how this thing works.

But maybe I'm wrong.  Okay, I'm probably really wrong in my perception.

But here's my "truth", as you will... The only thing I will say is when you look at this, don't just look at the "weight"... I don't... rather look at the "lean mass" This is the biggest encouragement, and I look forward to seeing that number increase and the weight decrease. That's what I hope for, anyway...


Yes, I've gained 19+ lbs, but 12+  of those have been muscle. That's a lot of muscle. And in 13 days, I've added 2 lbs of lean mass (muscle) (middle pic)... But The reality is that I have 62 lbs of fat on my frame... that's what is keeping me from looking "cut" or "fit"... 

and THAT is my frustration.

But this formula is what keeps me grounded.  And if anyone reading this judges me and wants to call me "not-petite" then go ahead... but if I hear you or see you do it, haha... you just need to rethink that and walk away.  I'm not kidding. I can only be graceful and polite for so long. 

The hilarity here:  I weighed a buck twelve in high school, when I graduated. I've got 18 more lbs of straight up lean muscle on that today.  

So how's that for "perspective"... 

No comments: